by Northmores Project Management
by Northmores Project Management
Northmores is looking for Project Leads to join our dynamic, multi-skilled and agile team.
We work across a broad range of sectors as project managers and lead consultants and are looking for people who can manage multiple projects and consultant teams concurrently, at varying stages of development – from vision through to delivery.
You will work closely with our leadership to manage complex, exciting and sustainable projects of all scales, including:
- Healthcare schemes across the UK and Ireland
- Leading educational facilities
- Residential-led mixed-use schemes
- Arts and entertainment venues
- Sensitive heritage schemes
- State-of-the-art research and technology centres
- Fast-track commercial projects
You will take a proactive management role in ensuring that all members of project teams are motivated, focused, and both aligned with and committed to our clients’ vision.
We’re especially interested to hear from people with a diverse range of skills and experience, including those from building surveying, engineering, architecture, and or design management backgrounds, who are now looking to focus their career in a new, transformative direction.
- Based in Cambridgeshire or London
- Track record of exceptional management and delivery of projects of varying scales (major project experience desirable but not essential)
- Proactive and solution-based approach to problem solving
- Demonstrable experience of collaboratively managing public and private sector clients
- Excellent team management and communication skills
- Likely to be Masters qualified with a relevant degree in an industry discipline
- Chartered membership of relevant institution, e.g. RICS, RIBA, ICE, IStructE, CIBSE etc
- BIM experience is desirable but not essential – interest in BIM and use of technology to support project development and delivery is essential
Role and Responsibilities:
- The key day-to-day client contact for delivery of the project for all disciplines and must work with the client on all project aspects, demonstrating a wide understanding of the risks and issues facing clients and other team members.
- Working with the nominated Northmores Director and the client to understand their goals and aspirations and ensures that these are met with the scope we are contracted to provide. They may draw on the experience of the Director(s) to achieve this.
- The Project Lead is responsible for monitoring the successful delivery of the project in terms of technical quality, timely delivery, financial performance and client satisfaction. The Project Lead must raise any issues that cannot be resolved with the Director(s).
- The Project Lead ensures that the Director is regularly informed on all relevant aspects of the project.
- The Project Lead in conjunction with the Director selects and procures the project team. The Project Lead checks
- that suitable resource and deliverables planning is carried out in all disciplines.
- The Project Lead is responsible for ensuring all project and contract administration is completed e.g. disseminating information to all parties, business management system preparation and updates, user and design workshops, design reviews, monitoring progress of deliverables, quality and project expenditure, and for ensuring project milestones are achieved.
- The Project Lead ensures compliance with the Quality Management System, relevant Health & Safety regulations and Environmental Policy.
- The Project Lead ensures technical coordination takes place between members of the design team and appointed specialists.
- The Project Lead arranges the Project Closeout Review with the client on behalf of the Director and actively participates in the process.
- The Project Lead arranges for the formal closure of the project and ensures that all knowledge gained is documented for future use and shared with other members of staff through project presentations.
- The Project Lead agrees and monitors performance and delivery goals, along with clear scopes of work, for each of the individual disciplines across a project.
Competitive salary and benefits based on experience.
Northmores is an equal opportunity employer. We employ people on merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. We celebrate and support people’s differences because it benefits our employees and our clients, and it improves the services we offer – It’s also the right thing to do.
We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), or any other basis protected by law.
Apply via Linkedin or send us an email with your CV: firstname.lastname@example.org
STAY IN THE LOOP
Subscribe to our free newsletter.
Following the latest advice from the UK Government, the Northmores team will be working remotely until further notice.